Let’s say you have an interview this weekend. What are you going to do? Prepare for it, right?
- Get a good nights sleep.
- Get your clothes ready so you aren’t rushing around.
- Set your alarm. (Better safe than sorry: set 2!)
- Have a full breakfast that morning.
- Leave extra early just in case there is traffic or something.
Why do you do that? You don’t want any interference.
Ok, you made it with no hiccups.
- What would happen if you fell asleep during the interview?
- What would happen if you showed up late?
- What would happen if you just skipped it because ___________________?
Why is that? Well, because a job interview is a very special thing, silly.
What if we treated meeting with God and His people with the same preparation? Are we sabotaging the Sabbath by not preparing for it?
COUNTDOWN: It is only 2 days until Sunday! 48 hours and we get to worship as a group! Are you getting excited? Are you getting prepared?
Karen Burton Mains has written a lovely book on this subject called, Making Sunday Special. She’s right; Sunday is special. Are you looking forward to it?
– If this blessed you, please like & share!
Ref: Mains, Karen Burton. Making Sunday Special. Waco, Tex.: W Publishing Group, 1987.